Friday, October 3, 2008

GARY BUSEY SETS MUSIC ON FIRE WITH PERSPIRATION & VITAMINS

Great music is being made everywhere. All around you, in hair follicles, in the air we breathe. Bands like Crystal Stilts with vocals breaking in bathtub, reverb soaking. Deerhunter’s music makes me excited about music in a way I haven’t been for years. They are brilliant geniuses from Atlanta and every time I listen to them, I hear something new. So original is the latest album that I spent 2 hours drunkenly trying to describe it to my friend. My Teenage Stride and their pop craftsmanship is a milkshake? A Place To Bury Strangers live show cannot be beaten by any other band. Their music is a cold bolt thunder electrocution to the heart. High Places remind me of Joni Mitchell, Caribbean, Caucasian bedroom music. The Muggabears write songs that people and bears can agree is amazing, except it's hard to tell because the bear can't clap very well. They are from Brooklyn and so is a lot of this stuff.